The Port Channel is the main axis around which lies the historic center of Cesenatico, and on whose docks still used for social life and the walk of citizens and tourists. The port, in its innermost section, still follows the lines drawn in 1502 by Leonardo Da Vinci, called by Cesare Borgia to suggest improvements to the landing preexisting. Along the harbor still arise monuments and luog ... hi prominent: the Pisacane Square with the monument to Giuseppe Garibaldi and his solemn inscription;In the most recent stretch, near the lighthouse, the imposing doors vinciane defend today the town by storm surges: a realization of modern technology conducted on the example of Leonardo projects. The innermost section of the harbor houses the FLOAT OF MARITIME MUSEUM. As a crucial point of the country, there are many events taking place here: festivals and food festivals, the Cuccagna Adriatic, the Maritime Nativity.
PIAZZA DELLE CONSERVE
The Piazza delle Conserve is situated in the historical center a short walk from Porto Leonardesco. It is characterized by the presence of ancient Conserve or ice boxes, truncated cone-shaped wells, on average 6 meters deep. and from the entrance of about 8 meters. in diameter, encased in low-rise buildings by robust perimeter walls. The wells, roofs covered with clay and straw and sand, were used for STORAGE ... one of the fish and food in general, chilled by ice or packed snow collecting in ditches. They Preserves, on the coast as early as the '500, were used until the beginning of our century. Of the 20 existing at one time in Cesenatico it three, after a careful restoration work have been recovered. The square is home every morning a characteristic Market of Agricultural Producers of the district, in the Christmas period there is instead set up a characteristic crib with life-size statues. During the summer they have instead place some events like the Flea Market and Craft Artistic every Monday evening and the festival of classical music Nocturnes to Conserve.
Marine Museum on the ground The museum of the floating marine
In a new building specially designed along the lines of the ancient arsenals, the Ground Section of the Maritime Museum offers visitors a wide and fascinating journey dedicated to the traditional marine of the high and middle Adriatic.The large museum pavilion houses the center a lugger and a bragozzo - the two protagonists of the epic boats sailing navy in the northern Adriatic - fully equipped with their sails 'third'. In the first part of the trail, dedicated to the 'structure and construction', you can see first hand the simple materials and technologies with which the man sailed for millennia. Among the exhibits, a rope-makers wheel with the reconstruction of its operation, and a nineteenth century naval carpentry workshop of acquired block and set up again inside the museum.The second part is dedicated to 'propulsion and steering': here are exposed ancient anchors and modern, including two wrecks dating back to the seventeenth century. Follow some educational installations where you can measure their skills with rigging, knots and tackles. Large part is devoted to the evolution rigging, sails, while a series of engines tell the transition from traditional boats to motor boats.Upstairs, two protruding terraces you can observe up close the details of the sails and masts. The exhibition continues through exhibits that exemplify the life on board, fishing and its marketing, shipping, the magic-religious symbols (first of all the 'eyes' of the bow), the dangers of going to sea.
The ten boats of the Floating Section include the different types most commonly used by the navy sailing in the northern Adriatic in the late nineteenth and the first half of the twentieth century: there are in fact two fishing lugger (small boats), three fishing boats, a spear, a fishing boat, a rat, a batana, and trabaccolo, where in summer you can go and visit the large cargo bay and cabins. Two moored boats over the bridge are enabled to navigation and participate in the summer demonstration outputs and gatherings of vintage boats.The Floating Section of the characteristics of different hulls and equipment, which are related to the type of use of the boat and the places are clearly visible where it needs to operate. In addition, you can appreciate some characteristic details like the 'eyes' of the bow, more or less stylized; or Zoje ( 'joy'), items decorated with floral scrolls; or 'cap', which is carved in wood the fur of a ram: all elements where the decorative function refers to more archaic magical and religious symbolism.What distinguishes and makes unique section in the summer float are, however, especially the sails, characterized by bright colors made with lands, and decorated with symbols that signaled belonging to different families of fishermen: a custom that became a veritable ' marinara 'heraldry. The sails are hoisted and furled daily from Easter until the end of October, given suitable weather conditions: it would indeed problematic and dangerous for the boats and the people, having to quickly douse the sails 17 present on the 10 boats of the Floating Section the Museum.
The open-air museumIn Cesenatico, the historical evidence and the seafaring tradition of living intertwined with the reality of a modern tourist resort. The old sailing boats are moored side by side with modern trawlers, which still punctuate with their outputs the timing of the harbor designed by Leonardo, and the old fish market, still active, is a short walk from the Modern Wholesale Market fish.
The Leonardesco Port is the main axis of the historic center of Cesenatico, on whose docks still used for social life and the walk of citizens and tourists. However, the Port is also the main historical monument of the city, which follows the lines drawn by Leonardo da Vinci, called in 1502 to suggest improvements to the landing preexisting. Along the harbor, as well as Maritime Museum, Antiquarium, Casa Moretti, is the Pisacane Square with the monument to Giuseppe Garibaldi and his solemn entry, the old fish market, and then the large square Ciceruacchio, where it is still traced the perimeter Pretoria ancient tower that once guarded the harbor from the fuste of the Barbary pirates. Closer to the sea, near the lighthouse, the imposing vinciane doors today defend the town by storm surges: a realization of modern technology conducted on the example of Leonardo projects.The charming Piazzetta delle Conserve, located in the heart of the old town, owes its name to the constructions dug in the ground - the preserves - where the fish, arranged in layers alternating with snow and ice pressed collected during the winter, it could be preserved for a long time well before the invention of refrigerators. Four of these ancient artifacts, a number that rose in the area known as 'Mount' for its elevated potion, have been restored and are now clearly visible along the top of another still preserves underground.
the Cesenatico Municipal Theatre is located in the historical center, on the west bank of the canal port. It was designed by the municipal Candido Panzani and built in just two years between 1863 and 1865. It was inaugurated on the evening of 11/7/1865 and the city administration for the occasion decided to rent the boxes to citizenship. The facade of the building is neoclassical brick and consists of a high plinth with bosses and continuous bands, up to a string course which engages a body in decorative pilasters with Ionic capitals and bases. The interior consists of a central hall with auditorium horseshoe, on which there are two tiers of 15 boxes each, also including longboats and the gallery. The decoration was the work of various artists, the curtain depicted the Duke Valentino in conversation with Leonardo da Vinci. The theater was later rebuilt, only to suffer serious damage during the Second World War. It was then reopened after a long restoration, in 1992. Cesenatico Municipal Theatre hosts every year from November to March a rich theater season, which is divided into prose performances by subscription, music festivals, plays in dialect, etc.
CASA MARINO MORETTI
The house-museum of the poet / writer Marino Moretti was born in Cesenatico in 1885 and died here in 1979, it is situated directly on the west bank of the Porto Leonardesco. Inside it is preserved, as well as original furniture, books, documents and autographs, donated to the town by the poet and the sister Ines.From about 15 years Casa Moretti is home to an important center of studies of the twentieth century Italian literature, where every year there are seminars and major exhibits, including the Biennial Prize for philology, history and criticism within Italian literature of the nineteenth and twentieth century, held in October and the traditional summer exhibition.
The skyscraper, a symbol of Cesenatico par excellence, was built in 1958 by the company 'Marinella' Faenza on Berardi project engineer. The building consists of three parts: a rectangular three-storey sea side, intended originally as a hotel and later used as a residence, one of 7 floors on the seafront and a 33-storey tower. When it was built, for several years, he was the tallest skyscraper in Europe (even exceeded a plan the celebrated Pirelli in Milan).